For more information please contact us
ashmail [at] ashmoregroup [dot] com (Email Ashmore)
The bull market in EM fixed income resumed last week
Weekly investor research
16 September 2019
The Weekly contains the following articles:
• The EM fixed income bull market resumed last week.
• EM external debt was a better ‘safe haven’ this year than US Treasuries.
• The latest PMIs show global growth fortunes bi-furcating in favour of EM.
• The end of quotas and China’s unrelenting reform drive.
• Next up in Brazilian reforms: tax reform and a proposal for central bank independence.
• Mexico’s PEMEX wows markets with liability management.
• Turkey’s economic adjusts.
• The End of Monetary Policy (in Europe).
• German fiscal prudence.
• Brexit and the final logical consequence of English nationalism.
• Humpty Dumpty.